A Tender Heart Chest

I forgot to mention about what I did after work yesterday. Despite feeling under the weather, I made an appointment with my manicurist, I am desperate for a manicure because tomorrow I will be playing a netball tourney. And my nails are way too long. 

So I did my manicure and pedicure as usual at my usual salon. Then, here is the thing, there's something I haven't told you about myself, I have a hairy chest and back. When I was a little boy watching Magnum P.I.  starring Tom Selleck, I used to wished that when I grow up, I wanted a sexy hairy chest.  I grew up, and it grew, and oh no, not sexy I'm afraid.  My mum used to call me a gorilla!  So when I started working and earned my own money, every now and again, I go for waxing.  Yes, I'm vain.  But if you had them, you'd understand.  It is not that I don't like my hairy chest but sometimes I do yearn for a clean smooth chest.  But most of the time, I wax my back and leave my chest alone.  But there are some odd times that I wanted my chest waxed.  And for last few waxing session, I've been using the epilator for my back, which is less painful, quick and easy. 

So silly me, decided to use the epilator to remove my chest hairs.  BIG!  BIG!  BIG! MISTAKE!!!  Okay, let me explain, waxing, yes it is painful, I'm immune to the pain, but the pain lasts about a second or less, yes, the skin does feel a little prickly and tender but it soon disappear as the session ends.  But the epilator!  Oh, imagine tweezers pulling your body hair, bit by bit at lightning speed!  I was screaming!  It was very very painful.  I asked to stop, but my (wax-er? wax-ist?) told me that the wax will take sometime to melt and apply, so she suggested using the epilator as the wax 'cooks'.  Stupid silly me, agreed.  And I was in absolute pain.  The tenderness lasts throughout the night.  But indeed, it was worthed in the end.  Yes, these are part of the things I do for vanity.  What is yours?

So if there are hairy men out there, word of caution about the epilator on the chest...  The back, that's easy peasy lemon squeezy!  Hmm, sudden writer's block.  So I'll end there, until then... Adios!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Random Rant, Update?

Happy Birthday to Me

Tolerances and Compromises