Supremely Tired

Yesterday, Friday, my contractors and I went to the outstation platform, one of the operators joined us as well as per procedure, and I got to know him quite well.  We shared a lot of stories and we suddenly click as friends.  I even told him a lot of things, some of which are personal... but then again, the story of my life is hardly personal.  But there are only a few which I consider personal to me and a few friends.  I miss my onshore life.  But the blessing in disguise is that I am able to save money and at the same time earn via my offshore allowances.  It is not that I am materialistic, but I need the money especially that I am building my house soon.

Yesterday I woke up at 5 a.m and as early as 6.30 a.m we were already on our way to the outstation platform, and it was a productive day, the guys are really good in what they do.  I love them to bits.  No, seriously...  They are quick and efficient.  I wish this team stays under my wing and I would do my best to keep them here.  I am thinking to make them jackets with embroidery on them with "We Are The Dream Team".  Yeah, that is what they call my team.  

Basically, yesterday, we supervise the work while the team are working, even so, we didn't supervise them all day long, because the guys didn't like being watch.  If I were them, I wouldn't like being watched all day while I do my work.  It is like someone over looking at your PC while you are working, and that is kind of annoying...  So instead, the operator and I talked and shared our life views and what-not.  It was good introduction to each other.  At about 5 p.m we call it a wrap for the day, and moved back to the main complex platform.  Making a few stops to make a quick site survey for our next job and also to pick few people from other outstation platforms.

At about 6p.m. we reach our rooms and I took a good warm shower and proceeded to have dinner.  Went back to my room and turned my laptop on and went online.  Chatted with my baby, for a while and ask for an excuse to have a nap...  Actually it was suppose to be a nap, as my admin is still working on the desktop and working on the progress report and I had to sign the report.  But I slept instead, I woke up not knowing what time it was, and I checked using the laptop and it was 2 a.m.  Oops, I thought....  my admin didn't wake me up, bet they knew how tired I was...  So today, I told them to wake me up and I don't mind if they turn the lights on, as my room is also the office.  

So today, nothing much happened, am going to a meeting in 20 minutes.  I slept throughout the morning and woke up at about noon, I kept being in my room because I didn't want to have food.  I could seriously get fat here.  Food is always available and if I didn't watch my weight, I'd be in serious trouble.  I talked to the assistant site supervisor and talked about their plans for the next week or so.  It's all good.  Okay then, I guess, I will leave you with that, because I have to prepare for my meeting ....  Until then, take care and Adios

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Random Rant, Update?

Happy Birthday to Me

Tolerances and Compromises