Work Week Begins...

Enjoying my three day holiday (which will end in an hour's time) by taking lots of photos and outings, today was spent wallowing in my room, contemplating whether to go out.  It was quite hot outside and it's so nice and pleasant being in my cold air-conditioned room.  I have plenty of things planned out, but I was enjoying my holiday too much to even bothering to wake up.

Finally at about noon, I took the energy to get up of bed and slump back on the sofa to watch some TV.  At about 2 p.m., hunger strikes.  So I went to Foodzone Kiulap Branch to grab some food.  And with the new Tobacco Act, I couldn't smoke there.  It's so disappointing.

As a smoker, myself, I feel like I'm being treated like second-hand citizen.  That's my personal view about it.  By this, first and foremost, I would like to clear something, about myself, that is.  I've always, always been a considerate and responsible smoker.  Do not ever compare me to the average smokers that smokes whenever and wherever they like.  I remembered that one day, I smoked outside, sitting outside and enjoying my ciggy, a family came and sit next to my table,  my food was already laid out on the table.  But the family had children with them, so I stood up and walked away.  The father of the family came up to me and thanked me for taking the initiative to smoke away from them.  They understood that they were sitting at the smoking table (outside) and by right they should be sitting inside in a smoke free zone.  The family was feeling guilty that I had to leave my table to smoke.  I told them that it was alright and I don't mind.  The wife of the family thinks that there should be more responsible smokers like me. 

The main reason for this act besides "prevention is better than cure" strategy was to avoid passive smokers.  But I feel penalised and the pinch because what others have done.  I know that smoking can cause illness, I've seen the pictures, I've read the booklet, I've done my research on smoking.  Yet I still smoke.  Don't you ever wonder why?  Because to smokers like me, see smoking as a way to relax from the stress of work and life. Yes, yes, there are more things to do rather than smoking, like exercise.  But there's no treadmill in the office, is there?  Addiction is something one should understand.  Yes I do admit, I am addicted to nicotine.  Do I have the intension to quit smoking?  Yes, but I've cut down now, a pack now lasts me around 3 days.  But explaining this to a non-smoker is very very difficult.  It can be like explaining to a child sometimes.  But learn this, want smokers to quit, learn about addiction.  Hey, better nicotine then drugs eh?  

I know most people would say I am still wrong about this.  And I'm only trying to justify the wrong.  No matter what I say or write here, many would comment otherwise, some would probably go to the extent of the government expenditure if one day I fall sick.  Right?  But what about diabetes?  Would sugar be banned from use in the future?  Soda drinks?  Candies?  See, my point here is...  moderation.  Yes, I agree, all of those are harmful if taken carelessly, the same as smoking, I suppose, in moderation, I do take good care of myself.  I exercise, I eat healthily and smoke in moderation, okey there are times, during stressful periods of my life that I smoke heavily, but seriously I can't finish a pack in one day.

Justify as I may, I'm sure you will still say I am wrong.  I don't deny that.  But I just hope that smokers can smoke, moderately, responsibly and be considerate.  That's all I can justify for myself.  And I am not justifying it for anyone else.

So anyway, at least give us a place where we can do smoking responsibly.  But on a good note to this initiative, we're saving money and we smoke less.  I do admit that much...  But it's disappointing still for me...  Okay, okay, I'll shut up now...

I've forgotten now what I did... anyhow... I'll leave you till that, until then, Adios....


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Random Rant, Update?

Happy Birthday to Me

Tolerances and Compromises