Pressures

Today is full of pressures.  Health pressures, work pressures and life pressures.  

Firstly, today is our half year HLP (Healthy Lifestyle Programme) review.  This is to see our health performance ever since the programme started in January.  When I had my first review this year, there were three main factors to improve, increase exercise i.e. lose body weight, quit smoking and lower my blood pressure.  When they took my blood pressure in January, I was coincidentally just recovered from fever and my blood pressure was a little on the high note.  So I was a little worried about that, my blood pressure when I met the doctor recently also recorded a little high.  So I was worried about that.  The result of today's review was, my body weight, increased by 0.5 kgs, body fat percentage increased by 3% but ironically, a reduction in my abdominal waist size by 3 cm.  My blood pressure also dropped to a normal level.  I was ever so happy.  My pulse rate was a little low, on 66 bpm. 

Then it was straight to business.  Work was easy, the pace was okay.  I spent the whole day updating 3 spreadsheets.  And in the afternoon, I had a meeting with the colleague that I don't like.  I decided to play the 'yes' man, answering every question and agreeing every order.  I didn't feel like playing the 'difficult' card.  The main reason was, at the end of the day, I require his permission in order to do my work.  Yes, he has the last laugh in the end, and if I succeed, it will be his glory.  Hate as I may, I don't want to create tension for myself.  So as Redz put it, "Just smile!"  And smile, I did.

Everything that I have been planning since last week is going to materialise this week.  And just when I was about to log my PC off.  An email arrived, everything that I have worked for last week and today, is all gone.  They've decided to change plans and prioritise something else.  I was so frustrated.  I suppose my job has made me the way I am.  My job is to plan, and plan if the first plan doesn't work, and plan and more planning...  And when everything is finalised, ready to go, something out of the ordinary comes up and jumbles up your plan, all you sweat and blood, gone, and you have to start on square one.  So my life resembles that.  I plan and plan, for the things I want to accomplish, and in the end...  I did something different and all my plans didn't happen.

But that is work, my life, there's some pressure on me.  But it's not all that bad, the worst thing is still a good thing to happen to me.  Sorry for being quite obscure about this, but I'm hopeful that things will only go well and better for me.  Because at the end of the day, it's my life and I've got no one but myself to make the better me.  

I will be meeting 'the boss' together with my supervisor tomorrow, and I have meeting all over the place, I have a meeting that last from 8-11 am, another meeting from 9.30-11.30 am, and a meeting with my boss at 10.30 am.  So I don't know which one I wanted to attend.  Can't they just spread it out a bit?  And my thoughts about my meeting with my boss, would probably because of my attendance at work.  I must admit, I have been slacking off.  But with reasons, which is my blasted chronic migraines.  But I don't know if that is admissible by their standards.  I suppose only migraine sufferers know how it feels like, to others, it's just an excuse.  

Perhaps it was because that I didn't attend a course that was put up for me.  At that time, my calender pops out, telling me I have a course.  I did search for the joining instruction to no avail, I even ask our course advisor...  She only said, "if you got the joining instruction, then you're in", and I told her I couldn't find it.  In the end, yes I did have a course reserved for me, and I didn't attend it.  Missing out on a already paid course is really frowned upon.  A week later, an email came up, asking for the reason for my absence at the course.  Well, if there is any reason to that, is I forgot that I did receive the joining instruction a month before and I thought it was cancelled.  So whatever it will be, I bet I am standing in front of a fierce firing line.  And I don't know if it will be a hit or a miss.  Hopefully, it's a hit, but I didn't die.  Honestly, I'm a little scared.

So anyway, wish me luck...  Dark clouds will definitely gloom me tomorrow.  Will update you on what happens...  And if I die, so long kids!  It's been nice knowing ya! - He he...  Until then, Adios...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Random Rant, Update?

Happy Birthday to Me

Tolerances and Compromises