Breezy Life

After spending almost two hours in the hot stuffy gym and as usual the last to use the gym, thus  I had shut everything off.  

Today is my my best ever run.  10.6 kms in 76 minutes.  I burnt 1550 20% fat.  And it feels great.  I got a few raised eyebrow and heads turning, at times, peeking at my dial, looking at the distance I ran.  I suppose they were a little amazed and wondering what the hell I'm doing.  I didn't tell people that I'm training.  But today's run was a breeze.  When I left the gym, I came out to a wonderful cool air...  The wind was strong but light enough to make you fall asleep on your feet.  Whilst Mandy Moore happened to be singing "Have a little faith in me" in my earphones.  It was in awe.  The sea was mellow, the wind brushing my scalp (since I have cropped hair).  And the gentle sound of the flare burning..  It was just plain peaceful.  I feel at peace.  I thanked Allah Al Mighty that gave me this serene feeling in me.

So anyway, today, me being as vain as I am, got a comment.  I was talking to a colleague about visiting Thailand.  He asked me where and what to do in Thailand.  Then in the middle of our conversation in the smoking room, another guy who was listening in to our conversation said "Oh so you're not from Thailand, I thought you're Thai".  I just smiled and said "yes, I get that a lot!"  Ironically especially in Bangkok, I've visit there many times and I usually get a Thai welcome and they go on speaking to me in their mother tongue.  Most of the time, I rolled my eyes and interrupt them by going "No, no, me not Thai, pud Thai mee dai na..."  Which doesn't really help.  And sometimes, they don't believe me.

I remembered one time, when I talked to a friend (can't remember who) about my Thailand looks, he replied that perhaps it's true, that I do have Thai blood in me.  He explain the geography of Brunei, telling me that we're smack down in the middle.  "We have Thai, Malay and Indo-China from the West, The Philippines and China from the North, The Javanese from the South and Polynesian from the East. See, our genes might actually be all jumbled up.  And we're different".  I have to agree with him, perhaps our country, Brunei or Borneo in general, are made up of different races, he's got a good point.  "They all intertwine into this unique race.  Bruneians are different, we're a mix race of all these migrant bloods, so we end up with the tribal Ibans, Muruts and us", he added.

I'm not sure whether it is true or not, but there's some logic to it.  A theory yet to put to test.  Anyway, after being away from home for more than two weeks, I kindda miss my bed, my cars, my camera and a lot more, don't miss much of my friends, perhaps, I have friends here as well, but hey, if you're a good guy, we're bound to find friends.  I'm not that picky with friends.  Well, perhaps at first I would be cautious about them, but when the cards are all laid down...  You know their bad side and their good side, weigh it, and see what the outcome of it.  And as we grow older, somehow it's harder to open up to new people and make friends, it wasn't as easy when we were at school.  

Speaking of which, there's someone here, from the previous crew, who always pulls a face on me, imagine the face of a person who is disgusted with you.  He pulled that face, every time he sees me.  I don't talk to this person, I have no involvement whatsoever with this guy, but he looks down on me.  I have been meaning to write about this, but somehow I feel it is not appropriate.  But I just need to write it down, not to shame this person.  He never smiles at me but smiles at everyone around him.  As for me, I'm not taking it to heart.  I just wondered what is going on in his mind that he looks at me in such a way.  I'm innocent!  (most of the time! he he)  

So anyway...  Hmm... Gawd, write a plenty I did today...  So I better keep it to that...  So until then dear readers... Hope you have a great day and night, take care, play safe and AAAdios!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Random Rant, Update?

Happy Birthday to Me

Tolerances and Compromises