Lost timing

1490 kcal for 80+ minutes about 10+ kms.

I lost track of the distance and the timing.  Because, I was being weary about tonight.  Sunday night is typically when they practise the Fire Drill Exercise and but tonight it seems that there isn't going to be one.  I ran for about 40 minutes and then I realised that the gym was empty, I pulled out my earphones and stopped.  I looked around there was no one in sight.  

I thought there was a fire drill and I was not informed, I peeked outside and across, I saw the window kitchen from the opposite platform that there were people still working vigilantly.  So I was assured there isn't one, so I continued on,  the last time I saw the dial was at 6 + kms and so I continued to run another 4 kms.  

I had a MSN chat my my good friend today.  He was talking about being single.  I remembered that he once wrote a blog about being single and how much it was great for him.  He is single again after being with her long term girlfriend.  I told him that he once embraced the single ship that he was used to...  As a reminder to him, I found his 'abandoned' blog and here was what he wrote a long time ago... 

I had a massage last night when the masseur asked me some questions, “what were you doing before this?” I answered just driving around. “With someone special?” he asked. “Nope!” I answered. Then he said “You must be very lonely then.” BANG! “Maybe you have commitment issues.” BANG! BANG! I was dead!

On my way back home, I kept thinking about the word “lonely” Am I really lonely? Do people discriminate against single people now? Why should I be labeled “lonely” when I’m single, free and happy?

I made a stop at R’s for a talk. I told him about what the masseur said. R said we’re not lonely. We have friends and families. Some couples are lonely, even married couples. When I got home I called another friend and told him the same story. Basically he gave the same answers as R’s. So at the end of the day (literally at 12 midnight) I came to the conclusion that people shouldn’t discriminate single people. Single people are as normal as other people. We have friends, we have families, and we have careers. Everyone tend to get lonely once in a while, that’s normal. In my opinion, single people have more fun than couples. We can do whatever we want; go where ever we want to go and meet who ever we want. We are single, free and happy. And starting today, the politically correct term for single people should be “INDEPENDENT” men or women.

So being single is not that bad.  I suppose.  Or should I say "independent"?  I always thought that karma or life is a wheel, sometimes you're up and sometimes you down, and like a wheel it all depends where you want your life to move, forwards or backwards?  It's all up to us how we want to make the best of it.  So that's a food for thought for you guys reading.  Until then...  Adios!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Random Rant, Update?

Happy Birthday to Me

Tolerances and Compromises