A Good Day

My last thought from yesterday, was that it will be a great day tomorrow.

I thought about waking up early the next day, do some rounds and it will be a productive day.  Indeed it did!  Except for the waking up early.  Actually I told my roommate to wake me up as he wakes up pretty much early as 5 a.m, and I think he probably did or didn't, or perhaps I'm immune to the ambient noise that it didn't wake me up.  But at about 7 a.m, my assistant shift supervisor (Assistant CSV) woke me up because he needs to ask me a logistic question.  

I woke up to answer his logistical question and leaned back to my bed, staring to the ceiling just less than 3 feet away from my face for almost 10 minutes.  Thinking and planning ahead of what I am going to do for the day.  I told myself, one step at a time, wake up and shower first.  And when I finished my shower and only in my towel, my MatCo (that's Material Coordinator for my non-engineering readers) was already on the table, typing away.  Not long, my Assistant CSV that woke me up entered the room, he was asking a lot of  questions about our planning for tomorrow.  It will be another outstation platform scope that we have to execute.  So after a quick chit chat about work, I told them I need to have my breakfast which consist of the two important Cs: Coffee and Cigarette.  

After breakfast, (and I'm trying hard to think about what I did) it's all a blur, many things have happened, made and received phone calls here and there, checking my emails, and a whole lot more.  But there were many things resolved just in the morning.  I thought to myself during lunch, wow, I'm actually working.  Not that I wasn't working before, but now I see what I do and witness it happening. I also told Redz via MSN that I'm beginning to really like what I am doing now.  When I sat in the office as a engineering planner, we plan and plan but never did see what our plans had become, but usually it turns into crap and we start to fire fight with different plans as everything we planned althroughout 6 months goes upside down and inside out.  

I suppose now, when I get back to the office, I'd know what I am going to do next time and include them in my plans.  In actual fact, I learnt more here than I did in the office.  All these time, I thought I did excellently in the office and I knew all that I ever need to know about planning an engineering execution.  There are many things to prepare for just one scope and let alone when we finish that job.  I'm very proud of my team.  They are really, really efficient people and I wish there is something I could do to make them realise that their work is really good in comparison with other teams in other location.  Yes I'm confident in comparing my team with the others.  Because they are quick on their feet.  If there is any weakest link, it would be me and I'm not weak in all seriousness.  As long as materials reach us on time, we're good to go at it.  

Do I miss the office?  Yes and no.  Yes, I miss my desk and the people around me, especially Lady Doro, Sassy Saliza, Spiky Zizan and Humble Mohammad.  And if you guys are reading this, miss you guys...  And no, I don't miss the office because some think I'm just a plain ol' slacker.  I'm not finger pointing who they are, but I know...  At least here, I can manage my own job which I'm doing well, and I have a physical team to take care of and be responsible of.  So it's all good.  I'm glad.  I'm satisfied with what I am doing at the moment.  I suspect I will pay a real big price tag if things goes wrong, so I have to be pro-active that this thing won't happen.  

So what else...  Nothing much to update.  Got emails and other logistical issues to be answered and solve.  Besides, I feel like having a dump, not that you'd like or want to know LOL... Until then my loyal readers.  Adios Amigos!  and Amigas!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Random Rant, Update?

Happy Birthday to Me

Tolerances and Compromises