Motivation: Register Thyself

As part and parcel of my attempt to motivate myself and to achieve an accomplishment for myself I have entered myself into an upcoming competition.  I managed to register myself online to the Borneo International Marathon for the Half Marathon.

Next is the hotel booking.  I love it.  Here I am offshore, no land in sight.  But there is, but from a very far far away view on a clear day.  Anyway, I have bought airline tickets, I have registered myself, and now, I need to secure my place for the weekend there.  I am thinking should I go there alone.  I think it would be nice to travel alone, but then again, who would shoot pictures of me running carrying my ass for 21kms.  I would be nice, but I'll think about it.

Next, I'd have to book myself for leave.  It shouldn't be a problem because it will be during Eid (Hari Raya Aidilfitri) and most of my colleagues are on leave as well.  But I suppose that would make it even harder to take leave.  Hmm, must act now!  Must send email to my bosses now...

Now, I'm even more motivated.  I need to get some supplements for my knees if I am going to continue to run 50-60kms per week.  I know that's a little too much, but I need to condition myself before running.  Need to climatise myself with the running.  My routine is a little harsh 3-1-3-1 cycle.  Three days running with one rest in between.  Each run will be at least 10 kms.  And my target is to get 10 kms in at least 1 hour.  I know, that's too much.  But it can be done.  I know it, I did it before, and I can do it again.  Run, train, run.  I call it Trun.  It's unfortunate that I can't do anything much besides running here.  There is no bike to train on at the gym, there's the sea, but I can't swim in it (it's policy!) but only a treadmill, a stair master and weights.  I suppose I can support my core muscles by doing squats, in which I'm not totally good at.  Am browsing for techniques.  Don't you just love the internet.  It is like having a library at your finger tips.  I wonder if libraries are doing well at the moment... Ok stop digressing Kellaz!

Oh by the way, I have found some people pronounce Kellaz, as Kel-las (sounds a little bit like Class).  The correct pronunciation is Kee-laz... (Kil-Laz).  I don't know if I have ever mention this, but if I did, I'll mention it again.

The year was 1999.  I was in my second year Uni.  I was visiting best friends at Glamorgan, Wales.  I usually go there, twice a month if my budget allows me so.  And at that time mIRC was really hip and happening.  It was the place to go, and 'meet' people.  So, there I was being new with the internet, introduced by my good friend Shaffie, he asked me what nick would I like to put in as.  I have no slightest clue what nick is, and what shall I type there...  So he typed in "Kellaz".  I asked him what the heck is "Kellaz", since he was/is (?) in a skateboarder phase.  He saw a graffiti written "Kellaz" and he thought that'll be a cool nick.  And the rest is history.  I don't know who, how and where "Kellaz" was born but that was my cyber nick since 1999.  And IT IS a cool cyber nick.

So that's it.  Wish me luck on my running.  Until then, it's still the weekend, so have fun, play safe, take care and Adios Amigos!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Random Rant, Update?

Happy Birthday to Me

Tolerances and Compromises