Shore

I'm going back tomorrow.

I made few phone calls today, to change my departure date to onshore.  I can't.  And my back-to-back had already booked leave on Monday.  So I had to come home tomorrow.  Oh well, cest la vie.

I have been talking about my life a wee too much, so this post is my itinerary for today, believe it or not, I woke up at 12 noon.  Well, I woke up a few times but I was tired.  I didn't get much sleep last night, I was thinking and thinking and thinking about my life.  I didn't get to sleep much.  I hate myself too much.  I think I slept at about 5 a.m.  I even finished a box of cigarette, my chest hurts.  Must cut down.

When I woke up, I talked to my MatCo and discussed a few things.  Then I wrote my blog.  I showered and did my whole routine before that of course.  Things are going well for our team.  We're still ahead of schedule.  I want to get something for my team as a way to make them happy and dedicated as they are right now.  Tomorrow will be the last day to finish their outstation platform scope.  One happy news from my team was after our hi-tea, that he successfully got himself endorsed by the operation team to issue permits.  I'm glad, that is one problem over.  We don't need to replace him and he got to keep his job.

Today, I saw some familiar face, the crew changed to the crew when I first started working offshore.  They raised an eyebrow and ask when is my back-to-back coming back.  Told them that I have been here for 15 days already.  "That's half a month!  Well done!"  I just gave a forced smile.  Truthfully, the longer I am here, the happier I am.  Not that I'm not happy going back home, but it's nice being here.  Carefree and fun.  They will be times when there are a lot of problems, but that's work I suppose.  Being here, keeps me occupied and my personal problems slowly sink into my subconscious.  Am thinking to work offshore from now on...  We'll see how that plan goes.

Then the usual meeting at 5 p.m.  Got a praise from the big boss, he said our reporting is clear and precise.  Soon after that, we had dinner at 6 p.m.  I'm trying to lose my weight, even so the food was my favourite, I need to cut down my serving size.  At 7 p.m the usual reporting status.  Sat with my site supervisor to report what we have done today.  About a moment ago, I just had ciggy...  and here I am on top of the bunk bed, whilst watching HBO...  See carefree right?

Until then, Adios Amigos.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Random Rant, Update?

Happy Birthday to Me

Tolerances and Compromises