Home is far than it seems

I've changed my mind.  I'm not coming home.

I'm going to stay here offshore for god knows how long, because I have more reasons for staying than going home.  I no longer look forward to go home.  Besides, no one is waiting for me back onshore besides bills and payments.

I'm much happier here, left to my own devices and perks and foods a plenty.  I'm tired, emotionally and physically.  So I suppose I'll just recuperate here, keeping my mind focused at the task in hand.  I'm much more at peace.  Even so, I'm not always totally and fully at peace with my life, but life goes on.  Like my motto goes "Get on with it!"

So anyway, what have I been doing?  I woke up late this morning, because it was exceptionally quiet in my room/office, I didn't realise it was 8 a.m.  Besides, I couldn't get to sleep until at least 3 a.m last night.  Usually the sound of the paging announcement wakes me up quite early.  But today, the paging was not heard.  I woke up to answer a phone.  It was from my counterpart onshore.  

Not a great start.  He was calling, but more like whining, about the problems he is facing onshore and all I hear is problems and not one seeking a solution.  He went on and on and on.  And I actually looked at the phone piece in disgust.  He was going about materials not available for us to continue our work.  Then, I told him to just send us what is the material available to us.  He disagreed and we continue to quarrel.  He was given specific instruction to not to send any incomplete materials with respect to the scope.  I told him to just send it over and we'll manage as much as we can here.  And I told him to talk to my superior about this strategy.  But yet he went on and on and on about how much effort (I think he was whining) being taken... bla... bla... bla...

At one point, I actually scream at him on the phone to tell him to just talk to my superior, my boss!  A strategy should change, should develop according to the situation.  When plan A sucks, try plan B or C or so on.  But yet he seemed to be programmed to just one strategy and wouldn't budge.

Oh now I'm going on and on about unnecessary things here.  I do apologise.  So after that, I turned on my laptop and saw my best friend Bunny Billy, who is studying in Glasgow.  He told me a surprising news.  He told me something about someone I knew so very very well that this person... something.  Sorry, it was not my secret to tell, but seriously, I'm scared now.  I told Billy I want to run now...  Away from the person, away from the situation.  It's scary!  But anyhow, I'll do what's best for me.  This is me from now on.  Me to the best that I can be.  I can't depend on anyone even though I trust them with my life.  I've got to depend on myself from now on.

Oh, then, (too much digressing), shower, because I stink!  Had lunch (which is actually breakfast to me) and ate with Hazrin.  My friend Dedy was also there.  Hazrin just arrived today, because today and tomorrow is the crew change day.  So Hazrin was there to keep me company.  We talked about building houses, and the planning it involves.  Dedy is apparently also trying to build his house and hopefully by the end of this month, he'd start construction.  How cool is that!  Dedy was my junior in college.  We had a great time back then, but now, it is a little different, perhaps, time do change a person.  But Dedy has not changed one bit, only he's a little plump.  Well, marriage does that to you. LOL.  We talked and talked, and it was a great lunch actually.  

I went online again, superpoking people and chatting on facebook.  Then before I knew it, it was time for hi-tea, I went down to the mess room to get myself some teh tarik, and ciggies, that's all I need.  Then my assistance supervisor came to me and we talked about some scope that we could do.  So we both did some rounds.  So today was quite productive.  

Uh just answered a call from my boss, he agrees to what I'm trying to say.  Yay!  Happy, I am.  At least that makes me happy today.  Something to be happy about.  Okay then, enough rambling, until then my dear ladies and gentlebabies...  Adios!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Random Rant, Update?

Happy Birthday to Me

Tolerances and Compromises