Running Again...

No, I'm not running from issues and all that malarkey what life throws at you.

But I did what is ironically not possible done offshore.  I ran!  On the treadmill, of course.  I'm on  a natural high right now, and it feels great.  Not looking forward when I wake up tomorrow, I'm writing this down at 0122 hrs, because I finally finished watching Gossip Girl Season One.  I think Season Two is coming, and I love this series.  I heard nothing about it until Redz mention that could be an interesting DVD series to buy.  Highly recommendable, but there are certain plot in the story that is predictable.

I adamant that I shall get in shape in time for my marathon in October, because it serves me two great reason, firstly, I shall get back in shape, I have been eating quite a lot and I have gain almost 15 kgs in two years.  So I really need to get back in shape, round is a shape but not really appealing to me.  Secondly, it's part of my master plan to remove myself from the festive season.  I'm not much for Hari Raya, or Eid it's call to the rest of the world.  For those who have no slightest clue what Eid is, then it's a month celebratory of achieving to conquer you thirst, your hunger and restraining yourself from bad deeds I suppose, for one whole month i.e. the month of Ramadhan.  Okay, enough info sharing.  So I'm not a big fan of Raya, because, oh, I sound like a broken record now, that I don't get along with my family.  But it's no big deal for me, and no big deal for my family who doesn't seem to care for me too.  So it's all good and fair, I suppose.

So I started running today, no, tonight.  I skipped dinner but manage to get my carbohydrate at 1500 hrs during hi-tea.  And what is best of all, I ran for 90 minutes!  And I couldn't get myself to stop.  Actually, the bad thing is, I should have covered more than 10 kms.  But I only managed about 9+kms,  which is slow.  Seriously, that's slow.  So I suppose, I've got to totally kick the habit...  yeah, those damned ciggies...  But we'll see how that goes...

I ran from 8p.m. till half past 9p.m.  And I feel absolutely great.  I only stopped because the heat was unbearable.  I wanted to stop to turn on the fan, but I just couldn't be bothered, I was on a roll.  But I feel absolutely fantastic.  Euphoric!

I burned about one thousand plus calories, I could have checked the exact calories burn from my watch but, I couldn't be bothered to go down this bunk bed and makes noises and wake my snoring roommate.  Although, right now, he stopped snoring, I'm worried now.  Did my typing wakes him up?  But he's breathing heavily, oh yes, he's snoring... sorry bout that...

Sorry readers, I think this post is going to be a long one...

When I watched Gossip Girl, I realise that friends play quite an important role in our life.  I think it's especially true to me.  There are times when friends change, and we need to change with the times and move on with it.  Most of my friends are married with children, always asking and wondering when my time will come...  I guess, my best answer is, in due time.  There are friends that stay together, stick together like glued with an invincible force that drives them to be who they are.  There are friends that don't judge.  There are friends that really cares about you.  About your well being and helps you through tough time.  I have that friend.  He's Redz.  He is the best thing that have ever touched my life.  He is the greatest.  We're a pair.  He understands me and very supportive.  Although I must have admit that I haven't been as much a good friend, but he brings the best in me.  It's brilliant.  My male soulmate.

I've had my faults with friends.  Here and there, which I am not proud of.  But I suppose, being with friends like Redz, do have my best in their interest.  And that's cool, y'know.  It's great.  Friends that are supportive in the things you do are like diamond.  You had to dig a whole lot of dirt to find them.  There are a few friends that I would like to mention here.  But I suppose they know who they are.  And guys, thank you.

Life's hard.  I bet you know that.  But having and choosing the right friends for you, life gets a little bearable.  Trust me.  A real good friend is someone who supports you, cries and laughs with you, and take you to a higher level, you never thought you could.  Who doesn't expects anything in return, who's never embarrassed to tell you their secret, because they know that you won't judge them.  Basically, someone who makes you a better person than before and vice versa.  So, to all my friends, wherever you are....  I miss you guys.  But work is work and besides, I'm happy to be here anyways...  It's a carefree life.  

Enough rambling...  Gossip Girl did really inspired me to write this piece about friends.  And somehow, it makes me more appreciative of my friends especially throughout my 2 years.  I've landed hard sometimes, but my friends were there to support me.  Oh shoot, I've gone teary eyed now.  But yeah...  To my friends and my readers, for more good things to come in our lives everyday...  To my friends and my blog readers...  You all take care and Adios! Amigos!

Comments

Redz said…
I believe that we can have more than one soulmate, friends can be your soulmates and I'm truly honored to be your best friend/soulmate.

Popular posts from this blog

Random Rant, Update?

Happy Birthday to Me

Tolerances and Compromises