I had Lunch

Against my golden rule of running, emphasis on the MY.  I had lunch, worst still I was not even hungry...  

The weather turned on us, so most of us were on a downtime, so my roommate and I cleared up things in our bedroom, files were everywhere, cables run from one end of the room to the other, it was all a mess.  Well, at least the office is.  Not our beds.

And now, it's much nicer looking, there's space, there's space for me to put my laptop on, to put our personal belongings on.  It's clear and clean.  We love it.  Best of all, all things are in their place when and where we need it.  Everything is handy.

I got to sit and talked to my two new riggers.  Finally, some Bruneians, they look like they've aged a lot, only to know they're only almost 40 years old, but they look like more than 50.  I suppose working outside under the sun for hours on end, and neglecting their skin, they look much darker and older than their age.

I'm afraid of growing old, if truth to be told.  Not that I am afraid of being old, but looking old.  I suppose I'm that vain that I don't want to look old.  I don't mind being frail and old but looking old, with saggy features and wrinkles.  I'm afraid of that.  Well, to some people, wrinkles on a man shows hardship and maturity in them.  But, even now at 30, I don't want any signs of maturity (yet), thank you very much.  I'm much more mature now, but not mature enough for my age.  I still fool around, horseplay like a kid on a playground (sometimes), I talk dirty and always talk in hidden innuendos, not always being serious and happy-go-lucky.  Hardly mature, one might say.

But I believe in this sentence, "all in good timing".  Meaning, with time, we'll grow with it, we'll manage it, and we don't have to rush and worry about the future.  Like Redz always remind me from a quote from Kungfu Panda, "Now is a gift, that's why it is called the Present".  Which is absolutely and completely true. 

So where was I?  Oh lunch, so tonight I'd be a tad heavier, a tad fuller, and a tad 'have-to-run-harder'.  Then again, at least I have food to burn.  I'm a little frustrated with my run, and my body doesn't seem to lose weight, but I'll shall persevere.  I get exhausted too soon.  I suppose Anak Panyu is right.  To not overdoing it.  I think I should pace myself, but for sure, I will need to keep running for 10 kms every 3 days with one day rest.  I shouldn't time myself.  Well, I think I should, otherwise I don't have a medium to grade my performance.  Oh such ambivalence...

So anyway, take care and have a nice day, I'm going to do a little bit of Siesta...  Gawd, it's cold today....  Adios Amigos!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Random Rant, Update?

Happy Birthday to Me

Tolerances and Compromises