Adios! White Funky Ride

This will be a two episode blog post.  Firstly, a bid farewell to my brother-in-law's car, White Funky car, a Daihatsu Sirion, that have served me well.  Carrying me economically back and forth from Belait District to Bandar Seri Begawan every weekdays and the occasional weekends and even sending me off to offshore.  I truly truly will miss that car.  I had many many memories with that car, and has brought me at least 15,000 km without fail (few tantrums).  I have become so attached with that car, that I miss it now.  

That car has brought me many joys throughout my tough 3 months.  It's speedy, it's agile and it's responsiveness is beyond my expectations.  It has it's charm.  It is quite surprising.  I truly miss my White Funky Ride.

But not everything is lost.  I have taken my car out of the workshop and after inspection on Friday morning and I wasn't happy with the workmanship.  A few people have already warn me that this is about to happen.  It used to have a great reputation, but I suppose with the increase workload by the workshop, they tend to do mistakes here and there.  So after complaining about the obvious faults of the car, they were quick to mend them.  I told them I will go and pick the car up just before the prayer.  Went to work on Friday as usual and by 11 am, I was out to pick my brother-in-law at Anduki Airport.  He arrived more or less on time and we picked my Satria Neo (a.k.a Reen) from the workshop.  Lunch time was due and we grab some food at Seria Food Stalls.  And we went on our separate ways.  

So the second episode of this blog post is to welcome back to Reen.  Reen is the name I gave my car.  I usually name my cars.  I used to have a Nissan Sunny (Runny), a Yellow Honda S200o (Banana), Red Airtrek Turbo (RalliArty - because of the Ralliart Stripe), and a Black Nissan Patrol (Black Jack).  Now I have my Orange Proton Satria Neo (Reen pronounced as Rain - derived from the word Orange).  I also still have my Yamaha Fazer F6Z (Fazzie).  A friend once asked me what is the gender of my car...  Huh, you don't know?  The gender of one's car is the gender of the owner.  But, it depends where the fuel tank inlet is.  e.g. for a car with a gas tank on the driver's side, and the owner is male.  Thus the car is male.  And if, the gas tank on the passenger's side, and the owner is male, then the car would be female.  And should be given an appropriate name accordingly.  My Satria Neo is a male...  Well, it's all for fun.  Let's not get serious about it.  

And I forgot how much fun it is to drive Reen around.  I love it.  In fact it succumbs the trauma about the accident a little.  Lotus have done a great job in the handling, but it's too sad about the engine.  The CamPro is a little hard, it sounds like a manic worker at high speed.  And it's a fuel guzzler!  But it is indeed a fantastic two door hatchback.  So Welcome Back Reen!

World and Readers, Meet Reen...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Random Rant, Update?

Happy Birthday to Me

Tolerances and Compromises