Anonymity

My friend and I had this conversation about my blog.  "It's not anonymous, you're out there in your blog, don't you think you're putting yourself at risk?"  I asked him what are the risks involved in being 'out' there?  Have I got something to hide?

Well, he's got a point about me expressing myself, my thoughts, my tribulations and my itinerary of my life on this blog and people knowing about it.  I don't mind.  Well, to a certain extent that is.  If someone is consumed with reading my blog and stalking me at the same time to check whether what I write and what I did tally...  Then, my advice is "get a life".  But instead of stalking me, I would be rather happy if one would come up to me and tell me he or she is an avid reader and introduce themselves.  Or come up to me and tell me my blog suck, I'm more than happy to hear your thoughts about it.  Then again, it's my blog, and if you don't like it, there's plenty more blogs to read.  So anyway, I'm always more than happy to add a friend.  As the saying goes "a million friend is never enough, an enemy is one too many".  Besides a certain point, a blog is a journal and this my life journal. 

Fact : (Did you know the first blog ever documented was... Remember Doogie Howser M.D. played by Neil Patrick Harris?  It was a drama series about a teenage prodigy who became a doctor and he went through many trials and tribulation with regards of his profession and his teenage life.  In the end of every episode, he writes on his computer about what he had gone through.  Of course it was not online at that era.  But that was the first blog ever mention, before everybody started blogging.)

Some people write their blogs in anonymity.  There's nothing wrong or good about it.  The same like me being out in my blog, there's nothing wrong or good about it too.  Sometimes there are no wrong or right answers to things.  Its much more dependent on the individual itself.  As for me, I've got nothing to hide.  Yeah, there are few things in my blog that I chose to hide about, but that's because it's a little personal for me.  I suppose everybody has their own dirty little secrets about their personal life.  And so have I.

My friend continued asking me about if I had pissed off anyone with my blog, since I let it all out there.  I'm sure I have.  Some people who I thought were my friends, hated me during my breakup with my ex (but we're back together again).  Because I rant a little more than the usual during my breakup and breakdown.  And since then, they still do.  But I respect that.  The least I know my place.  And it was never up there with them.  But I'm cool with them and everything. I don't mind.  

See, my life to me has never been interesting.  I'm the average guy.  And if you could find the average guy, take the average of all average guys and average it...  Making sense?  To define me, I'm not a leader, I'm not the follower, I'm not ordinary, I'm not extra/under ordinary.  Just an average guy who is ambivalent most of the time.  A guy who doesn't know what he wants.  Even though what I have is right in front of me.  But still couldn't make out what I wanted in my life.  I'm not good in anything, and I'm not good at nothing at the same time.  Making sense?  Perhaps, but that's me.  A pisces.

I wanted to write yesterday about my agent, she asked me a sensitive question.  Well it wasn't that she was prying on my personal life, but it is written on the questionnaire itself.  The question was "Why of all the choices, permanent disability, illness, death and retirement, that retirement was your highest choice in form of protection" - more or less like that, the question was...  I didn't know what to say...  What pops out in my mind was the following... and it pops out of my mouth... I told her "Retirement was my highest choice because at this point in life, at my current situation, I think that, I am never getting married.  And so, I think, when I retire, I think I would like to provide more money to get someone to take care of me until I eventually die".  She did raise an eyebrow, and then she said "well, hopefully that will change in the future, you'll never know right?  Besides, there's never a wrong or right answer in life".

Okay, enough rambling, I am about to embark a journey to KB to work.  So till then.  Adios Amigos!  Take care....

Comments

Anonymous said…
Let me respectfully leave a comment on this particular post if I may,

You mentioned here that it is because of your blog that I hate you...because you "ranted too much during your period of breakup with your ex". Wrong...the contents of your blog merely support or confirm the reasons for the differences between us.

Next, you mentioned that you "know your place and it was never up there with us". Wrong again...when we were friends, you really were "up there" with me and i really did consider you a good friend.

For me to actually disclose the real reason why there is a breakdown in our friendship would be a personal attack within your own blogspace and I do not think that is appropriate and I would rather discuss this face to face anyway, and i feel that you deserve to know my side of the story as to why our frienship has deteriorated.


whenever ur ready,

Jiman
Anonymous said…
Jims, for me, it's water under the bridge and furthermore I am reluctant to discuss about it.

This post is not meant to be an attack to you and the rest of the gang. I do realise my mistakes, and I am mending them with 'baby'. Besides, when I wrote this blog, I asked 'baby' to read and approve it because I don't want to step anyone's toe.

However, I do apologise if my presumptions are wrong. But what counts in the end, is that I respect the decision to keep me out from the loop. And I totally and fully understand why. I'm not perfect. I know that.

But anyways, thanks for taking the time to open up and explaining the situation is. But for me, at this point in time, at least we're all honest about it, this time around... Take care.

Popular posts from this blog

Random Rant, Update?

Happy Birthday to Me

Tolerances and Compromises