'Insuring' My Future

Wealth.  Everyone wants it.  

The agent and I had a long long talk about the future.  She kept repeating 'kicking the bucket' as death.  I can't help but to just smile.  "If someone 'kicks the bucket', this is what the family gets, what you would get...  touch wood ah...  Not to say you ah", she says in a very humble manner.  Of course I didn't get offended, because that's the whole point.  To secure my future.  I'm glad of doing this insurance thingy, I have been holding this thing off for way too long, and now with the house coming soon, I'm happy that the house and my future is secured.  

I have got until the end of month to get everything ready for construction.  And after that, hopefully things will be much smooth sailing.  This means, the house will not be ready for Hari Raya Aidilfitri, which means, Bangkok, here I come!  Which also means, I'd have to make savings for tickets, hotel and erm, let's just say, entertainment.  I don't know if I will be going alone or with friends.  But either way, I'm going.  It will be a great time for me to buy things for my house.  Perhaps furnitures or home ornaments.  I'm thinking of buying a big beautiful painting for my room and living room.  But we'll see if I could afford it.  There's too many things running in my head.  My need to run is getting stronger and stronger.  It seems that I can't wait for Saturday to happen.  I want to be as fit as I was, quit smoking and getting myself a promotion in these couple of years.  

I'm TRYING to be optimistic nowadays.  Before leaving the office, my boss called me in his office again, talking about work.  And he seems that he has his eyes fixed on me, ensuring that the job that I am carrying out is going well.  He makes me work.  And that's good.  Now I feel like I have a mission and a vision to accomplish something important and significant for my career.  And also, I have until the end of month to prepare a lot of things at work.  Thanks to OneRepublic to dampen the noise in the office and concentrate updating my reports.  Sometimes I pretend not hearing what people are say, and just carry on what I am doing.  When doing something repetitive or tedious, I go into a zone.  A zone where I am focused whilst singing out loud.  And that's the way I work.

Actually that was the way it always has been.  When I studied for my 'O' levels, I have the radio blaring out.  During 'A' levels, I had Kitaro and Hemikami (relaxing and inspirational songs), my friends usually study with me with that on the radio.  They find it relaxing, some.... dozed off!

I'm rambling unnecessarily now.  My mind's blank at the moment.  My brain is buzzing so actively now.  So anyway, better leave you, perhaps you could reflect what your future will be like.  Share me your insights...  Take care and Adios peeps.

Comments

Anonymous said…
everytime I go to an insurance agent, I feel like i am going to a fortune teller predicting doom! heheh.
just a lurker, have been for the past few weeks. your thoughts are articulate, a delight to read.
- acura.
Anonymous said…
Thanks Acura for lurking in my blog and please do visit regularly - he he. Thanks for reading my thoughts that I put down here. Yeah, I feel the same about insurance agent. When I first told her that I don't own a policy at all, she shook her head. But yeah, the point is, when doom come, we're covered LOL

Popular posts from this blog

Random Rant, Update?

Happy Birthday to Me

Tolerances and Compromises