Definitely Not a Mundane Monday

It's Monday, and I'm excited.  Believe it or not.  Phehw!

After work was the usual netball game.  Some readers might think that playing netball is a sissy's game.  Oh, you better think again.  It is a girls ladies game..-ish, but nowadays, men elsewhere are following close.  I remembered the first game that I played.  I hated it so much.  The first game I played was in a tournament, inter-departmental tournament.  I sucked so bad.  I got faults in every way and in everything.  I thought to myself at that time, "sheesh, this is definitely a girl's game, it's my fault every time!".  I even ran away from the ball, and still I was at fault.

A few years have lapse, I started to commute.  My car pool mate plays netball, and plays really well, in fact not just him, there are a few male players in the biweekly netball game that I played with.  They just knock the air out of you.  I usually run or just sit blankly at the netball court.  But then, I decided to start playing it because, hmm I got to play with girls...  I know, I know, shame on me.  Then without realising, I was hooked.  I knew the rules, I knew the game.  And now I'm playing it for real.  Okay, by saying that, it doesn't mean that I'm that good.  I'm still learning, I'm still in the basics, but I'm getting there, a slow learning curve, but nevertheless I'm learning.  It's really fun, it's like basketball but not like it at the same time.  Not making sense, huh?  I guess, you'd have to try then?

My car pool mate got injured today.  I'm worried with his knee injury.  But I think he is in good hands now.  But I will keep an eye on him this few days, hope he recovers soon.  I want him to play again this Thursday! Te-He...  We didn't car pool today, because he is still on office leave (lucky bloke!).  But we drove together, because I was a little worried if he could still drive.   And Alhamdulillah, we arrived safe and sound.  Then I had dinner with Baby.  And now I'm on bed, clean and tucked in.  And just about to say good night to my readers.  

Oh also, I've add a few links in my blogroll (Thoughts from Berakas and Anak Panyu).  (Note:  I played with Anak Panyu's Turtle animation for at least half hour, I'm easily amused, you see).  These new people inspired me of something I used to enjoy doing.  Running.  I love to run.  I miss running.  It has been months since I last run, and oh-oh I'm expanding horizontally now.  I look like an orange teletubby in my coverall.  I remembered I was so addicted to running, I ran althroughout the fasting month.  At one point, I started running at half past 4pm, then I heard the breaking of fast and Maghrib prayers.  I ran for almost 2 hours without getting hungry or tired.  In fact I sulked a bit, because I still wanted to run.  My best run was running a 10km route under 43 minutes, on empty stomach!  It was fasting month, okay!  During my high peak running addiction, I lost 30kgs of my weight in 8 months (it was also to prepare myself for the Brunei half Marathon).  But a lot of people didn't like my new look.  Some said that I look sick, and some said I look like an addict.  But, I felt so good about myself.  A few people knew that I wasn't on drugs.  Because the always see me running almost everyday,  what drug addict runs anyway?  LOL...  Okay, enough!  Enough rambling!  

Goodness me, three blog posts in a day.  I'm definitely doing well.  Until then peeps.  Adios and Take Care.  

p/s: I've added Brunei Lifestyles too in my blogroll, I love his blog contents.  Will drop you (R O) a line or two soon!

p/p/s:  Could I use p/s in blog posts?  It's for letters only right?  Hmm...  Okay, okay, I'm done already! Te-He...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Random Rant, Update?

Happy Birthday to Me

Tolerances and Compromises