Long Day

Yesterday was a long day: work, meeting with my finance planner, contemplating on playing beach volleyball or netball, decided to play netball instead, came home, had dinner, and hung out at a cafe till 1am. I'm am simply knackered. No fault other than my own.

I wanted to do all those things, I wanted to maximise my time, and I'm running myself down. Grinding myself to a halt. I'm going to give today a rest. Just me at home. Perhaps having a Maggie or Indomie dinner (of course with baby clams), in front of the TV, whilst surfing with the wireless. Sounds pretty damn good I must say. I plan for an early night. I planned to play netball today again with my colleagues, but silly me have forgotten to bring my shoes.

Last night I was surfing till late because I was trying to go shopping online for new running shoes. In need of a tape measure to measure my foot. I don't want to order them online and get the wrong size. I've been asking around where I could get Nike+ shoes, all I get was raised/shrugged shoulders. Then again, I always find myself buying New Balance or Reeboks. Asics shoes get good press nowadays. They have been improving their shoes, and mind my ignorance, we don't get much Asics shoes around in Brunei. A friend told me Asics shoes have difficulty getting into the asian market. Don't want to argue with that, but perhaps it is true. Shoes, shoes where are you?!

So I can't start running just yet, or perhaps I'm making excuses not to run - te he. Maybe it's not time to throw my poor, tattered, worn, torn and beaten Reebok just yet. Seriously, you'd be in tears looking at it. I still love them, but since it is already worn out, it does displace my foot a little off when I run. To think about it, I think that shoes have brought me more than 200kms easily. So anyway, perhaps few of my readers will show me the right path to my new shoes, until then, Adios. Take care

Comments

Anonymous said…
Am off to Singapore very soon.... but don't want to promise you that I could as I would be on a business trip and don't know if I have time to go shopping, maybe not even window shopping...if I have time yes, insya Allah.
Anonymous said…
Thanks Cittychat aka Ramble on. Even you're off on business trip, consider yourself lucky! For me this year, no business trip, no courses, (I got cancelled last minute on my recent course - and it's only freaking Miri LOL - ehem, sorry, calm down Kellaz...) Looks like it's a full blown office - offshore routine I'm dancing... Damn. But oh well, ces't la vie...

Looks like no running just yet for me, the weather is against me.. :(

Popular posts from this blog

Random Rant, Update?

Happy Birthday to Me

Tolerances and Compromises