Tuesday at the Movies!

I feel like today is a weekend.  I watched movie with a few friends and as usual we stopped for a late tea or coffee at DeFountain Cafe and be anti-social, by going online and ignoring each other on our laptops.  But we do occasionally talk.

We watched Iron Man.  I seriously do recommend watching it.  It is really entertaining to watch.  My favourite character is Jarvis, the 'sarcastic' computer.  We decided to watch the movie on a Tuesday night because we have got free tickets that can only be used on Tuesday.  I got two free tickets after buying mobile phones for QQeStore.  And another friend won two free tickets.  So we went in for free!  If I were Iron Man, what would I do?  Hmmm, probably fly off to Bangkok, every other day.  LOL - yes I'm perverted.

My car decided to die on me today.  Luckily my friend who is a teacher, coincidentally was bringing his students for a career talk in KB.  So I asked if I could joined in and send me to work.  After work, we brought the students to have a very late lunch.  They were provided lunch, but I told them to just bring their lunch packs and have proper food at Riviera Cafe by the side of KB river.  It is quite a nice place, it over looks the construction yard by the river, and at a distant, you can see the Rasau Bridge leading to Miri and very often boats passes by.  I wondered why KB didn't make a proper water front for KB residents to enjoy.  It would be a great place to hang out.  

I took the time to know the students, and ask them about their future.  They were very timid and difficult to talk with, there just wouldn't say a word.  I tried to give some inspiration of what career path that they should venture.  And of course, I was a little biased to the technical side.  Actually I love to inspire people.  But at the same time, I need a lot of inspiration at the same time.  When I was still in Sixth Form, I imagined myself to be a teacher one day.  I would love it (if I was to be a teacher) to see, the seeds of my labour flourish and contribute for the glory to this nation.   But seriously, to inspire people is very difficult.  Ask any teacher about that.

When it comes to learning, on my part.  I am more of a hands on learner.  I learn effectively by doing it.  I realise this when I passed my physics 'A' Level.  I re-wrote all my teacher's notes, re-wrote them over and over again, until I made a simplified version of it i.e. a summary.  And I passed with flying colours.  That's studying smart.  Not hard.  I'm also learning to use my SLR camera, and I have read the manual.  Nope, I just don't get it.  That is why, I asked for my friend to give me an overview of using the camera this weekend.  So this weekend is probably a photography learning session.  Will post them soon on this blog.  Hopefully this won't be a 'photography' blog.  But if I think it is a nice picture.  Be sure, I'd share it with you.

So anyway, besides that, nothing much I can share with you.  I am anticipating more fantastic things to come my way.  Until then, be safe, take care and Adios!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Random Rant, Update?

Happy Birthday to Me

Tolerances and Compromises